Winter Weekend at Cloud Mountain 3rd-4th June 2017: Exploring the Genjo Koan
Where: Cloud Mountain, Berry.
Cost: Dana (a donation to help sustain the work of our teacher).
Registration: Click here to register in advance (essential).
Our Winter Weekend at Cloud Mountain is fast approaching. If you intend to join us, please register now so that we can gauge numbers.
This weekend is a time when we gather together around the fire of our practice to warm our hearts and study. Please join us for this late-autumn/early-winter break among the mountain mists, and clear air of Cloud Mountain.
- Arrive 3rd June before 10:30am
- 10:30-1pm: Join the south coast sitting mob for meditation and koan inquiry
- 1-2pm: Lunch. Please BYO lunch. Shared plates welcome.
- 2pm: Sutra study of the Genjo Koan.
- Early supper
- Evening meditation and bed.
- Rise before dawn to sit with the bird chorus through to breakfast (porridge, plus any trimmings you may bring).
- The morning will include shared activity including some samu (working meditation) for the temple and a bush walk.
- Early lunch at the pizza oven (yum!)
- 1pm: End of practice and time to return home.
What to bring:
BYO warm layers of clothing, walking shoes, torch, sleeping bag, pillow, lunch plus some personal contributions to the food provided, and Dana (a donation) for the teaching and temple maintenance.
- Drive – or catch the South Coast line train that arrives in Berry at 10.14 – in order to arrive before 10.30 (morning tea awaits you!).